freetds - RE: core dump w/php, imap & freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: core dump w/php, imap & freetds
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:50:42 -0400

Casey,

Even though you've checked, it really sounds like an account problem. If
for instance your $SYBASE variable isn't set, FreeTDS won't see your
interfaces file. Also, "make install" parks freetds.conf in /etc
(approximately). If FreeTDS finds a freetds.conf, it won't use your
interfaces file. Could be something like that.

The current snapshot includes a fix to 0.53's break-when-connecting
behavior. You might want to try it instead, to see if you get a more useful
diagnostic.

Alternatively, you could turn on logging and see if in fact your account
information is really being passed to the server. You could post your log
here (you might want to blank out the password where it appears in the log).
Quite likely someone will notice something amiss.

sqsh works on the machine in question, right?

HTH.