freetds - FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase -- error handlers

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Raghu Karamel" <rkaramel007 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase -- error handlers
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 02:28:10 -0400

Hi,

I am facing a problem with DBD::Sybase and the problem is.... all DBI
handler error variables and methods are returning null values and when
the error occurs the error messages are sent to the STDERR device.

Code
----
use DBI;
my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=pqr", "user", "passwd") or print
"$DBI::errstr";
$dbh->disconnect if ($dbh);

System Details
Database : MS SQL 2000
Client : FreeTDS (ver .53) and DBD::Sybase on Solaris 2.7

So... does anyone know a solution to solve this problem...Actually, I
would like to have errors available thru DBI handler variables and methods
. Or is there any alternate solution that can be used to catch the error
messages with in the script?

Thanks in advance.
Raghu

  • FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase -- error handlers, Raghu Karamel, 06/05/2002