freetds - Re: StackOverflowError when calling a stored procedure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Mackay" <amackay11 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: StackOverflowError when calling a stored procedure
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:33:48 -0400

I have the same problem that Joyce has. I have a large cursor in a stored
procedure which causes a StackOverflow. If I reduce the number of rows
that the cursor is processing, the error goes away. The problem does not
seem to be affected by the number of returned rows in the resultant
recordset. I assumed that a server side cursor would use server side
resources and not affect the JDBC driver so I'm not sure why this is
happening.

Myself and Joyce have both tried a commercial JDBC driver and it works
great.

This would appear to be a bug in FreeTDS.