freetds - Re: New build warnings; datetime format issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New build warnings; datetime format issue
  • Date: 28 May 2002 10:27:41 -0700

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 08:45, Bill Thompson wrote:
> Hmmm. I kind of thought this would happen. My fault I'm afraid, but let me
> explain...
>
> FreeTDS conversion routines (dbconvert in db-lib for example) used to
> convert a date to the string format "Jan 1 1800 12:00AM".
>
> However, I discovered that the real dbconvert routine ( in Sybase's db-lib
> ) would output in the format "Jan 1 1800 12:00:00:000AM" ,

Actually this behavior has flip-flopped a bit, and it may even depend on
whether you are using DBlib or CTlib.

Current Client Library implementations default to Jan 1 1800 12:00AM for
the datetime to string conversion. The conversion is controlled (to a
certain extent) by the entry in
$SYBASE/locales/<localetype>/<charset>/common.loc.

sqsh uses the default conversion, as does isql and sybperl/DBD::Sybase.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org *or* mpeppler AT mbay.net