freetds - Re: patches (odbc and tds7.txt)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: camber AT ais.org, freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: patches (odbc and tds7.txt)
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 02:10:13 -0400

On Sun, 19 May 2002 19:36:52 -0400 (EDT) "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 May 2002 06:58:46 -0400 (EDT) "Brian Bruns"
> > <camber AT ais.org>
> > > Bill Thompson, 4/30, freebcp and datetime handling < 1970 && > 2038
> > > Denis Zhitenev, 5/6, fix for iconv on BSD?
>
> Bill's patch is big and one I think I want to integrate myself (I think
> it is based on 0.53 if memory serves, so it's unlikely to be a clean
> apply). The iconv patch is not generic enough, it'll work for bsd, but
> break other stuff, so I need to look at that too. But, I can post them
> if wanted.

Brian,

If you (or Bill) could post his, I might profit by it. I set aside
datetime work I was doing when he posted his notice; I might steal some
code or try applying some of the patch locally. I'm unaccountably keen on
seeing datetime issues become a thing of the past, go figure.

The iconv patch would also be interesting, but as a BSD user I'm not much
use in generalizing it. Others might be, though?

I have *no* objection, if you want to apply things yourself. I am also
willing to try myself and consult with you if questions arise. As you
like.

Regards,