freetds - Re: patches (odbc and tds7.txt)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: patches (odbc and tds7.txt)
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:43:02 -0400

On Wed, 15 May 2002 14:07:32 +0200 "ZIGLIO Frediano"
<Frediano.Ziglio AT omnitelvodafone.it> wrote:

> I attach my patches for FreeTDS (cvs version).
> This is a cumulative patch (I have no response to submitted one some
> time ago). Is anybody working on cvs?

There is a bunch of patches in the queue. Normally, Brian applies
patches, but I think he's finding himself stretched pretty thin these
days, and I'm going to try to make myself useful by taking up some of the
slack.

Two important drawbacks to letting me apply patches. 1) I'm not as good a
patcher as Brian is; I didn't write the code. 2) I don't have access to a
MS server. 3) I'm a lazy tester.

My environment is Sybase on Debian, with NetBSD/i386 and NetBSD/Sparc for
FreeTDS.

The only patch I've reviewed carefully so far is Harry Felder's, for
better logging, which is where I'm going to start. I'm aware of these:

Felder, 5/7, logging.
Freddy77, 5/15, ODBC
Felder, 5/10, shared libs on Solaris
Vladimir, 5/13, tds_convert_datetime

Please add to the list if I've missed anything. I'd like very much to
hear from anyone who's applied any of the above, or have otherwise
reviewed them. I've blocked out Saturday as a day of review and testing,
and Sunday as a day of rest.