freetds - Re: local ip address

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <james.cameron AT hp.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: local ip address
  • Date: 07 May 2002 16:13:34 +1000

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 18:29, gik wrote:
> Cause I don't know the konsep well , what I know is :
> SqlServer when "exec sp_who2" can get Local Physical Address Client ,
> I wondering if SqlServer can get ip Address Client than Client mustbe
> request it. When I read reference dpproc->tds_socket if there any
> property that alias name to IP Address or Physical Address.

Physical address would be the MAC address. Use arp or ifconfig to find
that.

You can obtain the IP address of the interface through which FreeTDS is
talking to the server.

Use getsockname() according to the API documentation, using the file
descriptor found in dbproc->tds_socket->s.

It isn't a feature of FreeTDS, and I don't believe it needs to be.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/