freetds - Problem compiling latest CVS version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Fred Johnson" <fjohn AT attbi.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problem compiling latest CVS version
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:03:35 -0400

I am having some problems compiling the latest CVS version of freetds. I
am using a SUN ultrasparc machine, Solaris 2.8 and gcc 2.95.3 and GNUmake,
3.75. I am using this configuration during my build process. Actually, I
have tried several different configurations, this is the latest one
without success: --prefix=/usr/freetds --with-tdsver=7.0 This is the error
that I received when I try to compile it:
config.c: In function `lookup_host':
> config.c:523: `INADDR_NONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> config.c:523: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> config.c:523: for each function it appears in.)

I perused /usr/include/netinet/in.h file and disovered that I don't have
the INADDR_NONE declared. How should I proceed in order to make this
compile successfully. I noted that on or around April 4th 2002, a similar
issues was mentioned on this list, however, the solution wasn't that
clear. Appreciate any suggestions.