freetds - Re: Bus Error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bus Error
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

on Sparc this usually means a data misalignment
error. You can compile with -misalign in your CFLAGS
when building freetds or if you can get into dbx and
give us the output form a where command to show the
line the bus error is happenning on we can try to
recode to remove the bus error.

--- Bill Thompson <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com> wrote:
> I've been away for a while...
>
> I'm getting Bus Error inside dbdatecrack() running
> from Solaris 2.6
> against SQL server 2000 (using FreeTDS version 5.3,
> TDSVER set to 70)
> I'm running dblib test program t0012 .
>

> - I don't think that it's SQL 2000 to blame, the
> data is being returned
> and converted to string format fine - here's the
> output...
>
> Start
> About to logon
> About to open, PASSWORD: , USER: , SERVER:
> After logon
> CTRL_ET2_BAR: Aug 31 2001 03:09PM
> Bus Error
>
> I'm banging my head on this one, I can't see
> anything wrong with the Code
> in pure C terms...
>
> has anyone seen / solved this one ?
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')