freetds - Re: Fetch records in TDS 7.0 ???

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fetch records in TDS 7.0 ???
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:16:53 -0400

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 23:39:20 -0500 "Fernando" <nulll AT bol.com.br> wrote:

> More or less. The result set can are in server and I fetch a group of
> lines by time until end ? Can I send to my client application lines of
> result set by solicitation hers ?
> I want that part of result set stay on server until my client
> application need more a group of lines.
>
> Is this possible ?

Fernando,

You're talking about the TDS protocol itself, yes? Not dblib, ctlib, or
ODBC? AFAIK, TDS never buffers a row. A result set row is on the server
until you fetch it. When you fetch it, it leaves the server and comes to
the client.

My answer assumes you want to fetch the rows in order, 1..N. If you want
to skip rows or read them out of order, things get more interesting.

HTH.