freetds - Re: seg fault on MSSQL query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: seg fault on MSSQL query
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:52:29 +1100

Casey wrote:
> I keep on seg faulting when inserting rows into my MSSQL 7.0 server.

At last, our code is starting to talk to us!

Suggestions;

(a) run gdb on yourself, find the point that the segfault occurs,

(b) enable TDSDUMP, capture more information for us to read, (trim the
passwords out unless you want us to see them).

(c) check the web server error log for stuff that occurs at same time.

Step (a) is the most revealing. Run PHP on a command line with your
script, or enough of your script to cause the problem. Make sure you
can reproduce it. Then run it within gdb ...

% gdb php file.php
gdb> run
Segmentation fault.
gdb> bt

Send the output.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://www.opensource.org/ http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/ http://lwn.net/

  • seg fault on MSSQL query, Casey, 03/25/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: seg fault on MSSQL query, James Cameron, 03/25/2002