freetds - Re: default textsize

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: default textsize
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:05:37 -0500

Dollars to donuts, it's the driver setting these options. However there
is a "library" field in the TDS protocol for identifying which API is in
use. So, theoretically SQL Server could discriminate among clients. It'd
be foolish, but possible. So,

> "When an ODBC application
> connects ... the server automatically sets...."

could mean that the server sets the options in response to requests by the
client (driver). Splitting hairs but it is the server that controls these
things in the end.

Brian