freetds - Re: dblib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dblib
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:50:34 -0500

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:04:59 +0100 (CET) "Björn Jonsson"
<bjorn-jonsson AT telia.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build a 4GL development system called IDEO with freetds
> libsybdb.a
> I Get the following symbols as undefined:
> dbsetlbool, dbcmdrow, dbcount, dbnumcompute, dbopen, dbrows, dbsetlname
> and dbdead.

Björn,

Välkommen til FreeTDS.

dbsetlbool Never heard of it, where is it documented?
dbcmdrow uppercase
dbcount uppercase
dbnumcompute FreeTDS doesn't handle compute rows
dbopen a macro in FreeTDS's include/sybdb.h
dbrows uppercase
dbsetlname uppercase
dbdead uppercase

It looks like IDEO was written for Microsoft's version of db-lib, or perhaps
an older flavor of Sybase's? I see the modern Sybase docs use uppercase for
these commands, which is what FreeTDS is doing, too. But I'm used to dbdead,
not DBDEAD.

No one is working on these. It's not hard, but it's not happening, either.

I think your IDEO build is going to need our include files, and it looks like
you'll have to patch them with macros that change the case. You'll need to
define dbnumcompute as always returning zero; I have no idea about
dbsetlbool.

That *might* be all you need to do. I that within your skills?

Regards,

--jkl

  • dblib, Björn Jonsson, 03/15/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: dblib, James K . Lowden, 03/15/2002