freetds - Re: DBlib and TDS patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBlib and TDS patch
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 04:34:32 -0500

Hey Chris,

I'll be happy to send you the files I have changed.
It's only really src/tds/convert.c & a couple of wee changes to some
header files.

I'm utterly ignorant when it comes to CVS, and also behind a corporate
firewall, so I will have difficulty submitting patches in the proper way.
I'll probably get someone else to do it for me.

The work I've done on the convert logic is in two parts -

1) converting data to char/string/text. I've added code to support the
destlen parameters of -1 & -2. The current version always trims trailing
blanks and null terminates output strings... Not always what you want... I
think my version is also safer in that it makes fewer assumptions about
the input/output data.

2) Dates. I've done tons of work on these! I've written a whole tranche of
code to parse all the possible string representations of a date - the
current version only accepts one type of date format. I've also taken all
references to the C/UNIX time functions and replaced them with code which
is more generic and supports conversion to/from the full range of SQL
Server dates (Jan 1 1753 to Dec 31 9999)

I regard this aspect of my work as pretty much complete, although I
wouldn't necessarily claim it is absolutely bug free!

It would perhaps be easiest for me to mail you a text file with my version
of convert.c in it. Is It OK to mail that to your Yahoo address ?

regards,

Bill