freetds - Re: DBlib and TDS patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBlib and TDS patch
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:59:31 -0800 (PST)

I've been using the manual pages off of the Sybase
web site since there don't appear to be any here in
the office I am contracted to. specifically:
http://manuals.sybase.com/

I would love to try your patches if you have them
in a ready state. like you I am trying to get the
results closer to Sybase. Of course I would just be
using Sybase except dblib fails horribly when linked
to a threaded program under AIX.

--- Bill Thompson <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com> wrote:
> I agree with you Chris.
> I have also coded, although not yet submitted, some
> patches to the convert
> logic. I am also primarily interested in dblib - I
> want to accurately
> emulate the behaviour of Sybase dblib dbconvert().
>
> Incidentally the Sybase manual pages I worked off
> for dbconvert support
> destlen parameters of -1 (null terminated, blank
> trimmed) and -2 (null
> terminated, not blank trimmed )...no mention of
> destlen 0...
>
> There is an issue here in that convert logic is
> coded in the TDS layer.
> change it here and you presumably change it for
> ctlib/odbc etc. as well as
> dblib.
>
> I think we need some clarification from Brian...
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')