freetds - Re: getting error "gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found" after compiling frettds is successful

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: getting error "gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found" after compiling frettds is successful
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:22:19 -0500 (EST)

Anyone know if Solaris puts gethostbyname is a weird place?

The first step would be to get SQSH (http://www.sqsh.org) and compile that
to see if we can isolate this specifically to ODBC or whether it is a
general problem with FreeTDS. To my knowledge, the ODBC driver has not
received much in the way of testing on Solaris, but it should be something
simple.

Brian