freetds - getting error "gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found" after compiling frettds is successful

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mediascape <sm-ml AT mediascape.de>
  • To: "freetds" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: getting error "gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found" after compiling frettds is successful
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:33:44 +0100

hello,

i have compiled freetds 0.53 (the lastest one) from the scratch with

configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --w
ith-iodbc=/var/noc/in/odbcsdk

because i need it to connect to my MSSQL server ;-)

i also have added the follwoing to my /etc/odbc.conf

[ODBC Data Sources]
MSSQL = WF1/2

[MSSQL]
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Servername = JDBC
Host = 192.168.0.191
Database = "ULTIMUS SIMULATE"
UID = sa
PWD = tempo

but when i try to connect to this DSN via the odbctest program from the
iobdc distribution i got ths error:

ld.so.1: ./odbctest: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so: symbol gethostbyname: referenced
symbol not found
Killed

additional infos are: sun solaris7 on SUN sparc, MSSQL2000 on W2K server

questions:

a) what is wrong with my compilation? can anyboy help me with this issue?
b) can anybody privide me a sample section for connecting to MSSQL servers?

thanks a lot,

stefan mohr