freetds - -lsocket error in config.log

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Casey Letzia" <casey AT creditguard.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: -lsocket error in config.log
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:10:23 -0500

After configuring .53 on our RH 7.1 box I looked in config.log and found a
couple 'program failed' entries. I'm ingoring the ones that contain
WIN32, but there is one that refers to -lsocket. Previous installations
with this entry have worked, and I kinda know what a socket is, but it
would be nice to know what this means before I put this box into
production. Thanks

  • -lsocket error in config.log, Casey Letzia, 01/17/2002