freetds - RE: Sybase error: Identifier too long.....Any help app reciated

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Winkless, Geoff" <geoff.winkless AT pera.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Sybase error: Identifier too long.....Any help app reciated
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:13:37 -0000

> when I attempt to run the query. I'm connecting to an Oracle
> db by using our MSSQL Server with a linked server setup.

Have you tried this (from the SQL Server help file)

Registry Entries
To enable the OLE DB Provider for Oracle to work with your Oracle client
software, the client's registry must be modified by running a registry file
from a command line. Multiple instances of the client software should not
run concurrently. These files are listed in the following table and are
located within the same directory structure that contains your Microsoft
Data Access Component (MDAC) installation, which typically is in C:\Program
Files\Common Files\System Files\OLE DB.

Oracle client Windows NT or 9x Windows 2000
7.x mtxoci7x_winnt.reg mtxoci7x_win2k.reg
8.0 mtxoci80x_winnt.reg mtxoci80x_win2k.reg
8.1 mtxoci81x_winnt.reg mtxoci81x_win2k.reg

Note that I've no experience of linking Oracle databases.

Geoff

  • RE: Sybase error: Identifier too long.....Any help app reciated, Winkless, Geoff, 01/17/2002