freetds - Can't read long varchars or long text, please help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chris Waidele" <chris AT creditguard.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Can't read long varchars or long text, please help
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:11:03 -0500

I submitted the message below about long varchars, but got no response and
didn't worry about it since I was able to change the varchar column to a
text type. Now I find that I can only read the first 4095 bytes of the
text column. This happens in both 4.2 and 7.0 mode. I haven't found any
reference to this problem and I'm wondering whether it's something I've
done locally or whether it's a bug of 5.3.

Your help is most heartily welcome,

Chris Waidele