freetds - Unable to retrieve data Linux<->MSSQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bj�rn Lantz" <bjorn.lantz AT easyt.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Unable to retrieve data Linux<->MSSQL 7
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:47:58 -0500

Hi,

I'm having problems similar to other that I've read, but again, not
exactly. I have messed a lot evaluating different solutions for accesing
an MSSQL7 from a Linux application + php4 under Linux. My config is RH
7.2, iodbc-3.0.5, freetds-0.53.

I compiled a test program (same source as Win32) that inserts and
retrieves a record from MSSQL7, and this is the situation:

1. An 'INSTERT INTO' operation works.
2. A 'SELECT ' operation works, as far as the freetds log is concerned. I
can see the sql statement beeing sent, and the retrieved data being
received.
3. The received data cannot be retrieved, neither from my program nor php.
I get empty data back and odbc tells me that an infinite amount of rows
are there while stepping though the result set.

Any ideas?
/Björn Lantz, Stockholm, Sweden