freetds - tdsdump on iplanet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jim.Hobbs AT state.mn.us
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: tdsdump on iplanet
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:57:11 -0500

On a test server (Solaris 2.7) I have built both a cgi and nsapi version
of php with sybase support. phpinfo works in both. Calls to sybase using
the freetds libs and connecting to an sql server only work in the cgi
version(except that iplanet echoes the shebang line) even though the
scripts, except for the shebang, are identical and use the same freetds
installation. The errors are:
Warning: 0 is not a Sybase link index in
/usr/local/netscape/server4/docs/ms_db.php on line 38

Warning: -1 is not a Sybase link index in
/usr/local/netscape/server4/docs/ms_db.php on line 39

Warning: 0 is not a Sybase link index in
/usr/local/netscape/server4/docs/ms_db.php on line 40

I am able to get tdsdump to log when I run php from the command line but I
have not been able to get a tdsdump log from the web server whether using
cgi or nsapi. I have tried putting the TDSDUMP variable in the iplanet
'start' script but still cannot get any logging.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  • tdsdump on iplanet, Jim . Hobbs, 01/09/2002