freetds - link SQL server from unix client.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jie Luo <Jie.Luo AT uk.lionbioscience.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: link SQL server from unix client.
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:00:08 +0000

Hi there,

I am developing a unix application to access and query SQL server from
unix client.
It seems to me frretds is the one I need to make a link to SQL server
from my unix client application.
For my application, I generate a dynamic sql to request data from SQL
server, by more likely ODBC in SQL server.

I am not sure how the tds is working since I do not have enough
information about it. I would be very appreciated if you can give me
some advice about it.

Thanks

Jie Luo
Lionbioscience Ltd

  • link SQL server from unix client., Jie Luo, 01/09/2002