freetds - Re: Sybase and ODBC problem with PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stefan Carstens" <s.carstens AT coolspot.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase and ODBC problem with PHP
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:18:55 +0100

The problem is, that both libs export different implemented versions of
RETCODE.
I had the same problem, but no solution till now.
It seems like you have to hack one of the libs to solve the problems, i.e.
rename one struct to ODBC_RETCODE or something, and for BOOL etc., too.
Have you tried to make PHP with direct OCI support instead of ODBC ?
Perhaps this solves the problem.
PHP has excellent Oracle support through OCI, so why use ODBC as a layer
between ( PHP only wraps the OCI functions to PHP functions, as it does woth
any DB or lib) ?

Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens
RHCE & Systemadministrator
Coolspot New Media AG
Am Albertussee 1 D-40549 Düsseldorf
Tel +211 50 66 1-10 Fax +211 50 66 1-11
http://www.coolspot.de
Vorstand: Roland Bongartz (Vorsitzender),
Heiko Hubertz
Dr. Gerhard Wehner
Aufsichtsrat:Dr. jur. Marco Picozzi(Vorsitzender),
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karl Friedrich Triebold,
Dr. Johan Rudolf Lüders

Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB 39498