freetds - Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to-- STDERR

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Horowitz" <michael.horowitz AT storagenetworks.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to-- STDERR
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:18:58 -0500

>From a big endian machine, I have to use "emulate-little-endian" to
connect to SQL Server 7 and above with either TDS 4.2 or 7.0, or datetime
fields are wrong because the bytes are backwards. I thought that the
whole point of "emulate-little-endian" was because SQL Server didn't
properly swap bytes for big endian machines. I tried using "swap broken
dates", but that didn't do anything.

I thought that without "emulate-little-endian" a properly working SQL
Server is supposed to do the swapping of the bytes? Is that only for
datetime and other data fields, and not for the message number? If that
is the case, then I guess you should only swap those bytes if
"emulate-little-endian" is off.

--Mike