freetds - long varchars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chris Waidele" <chris AT creditguard.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: long varchars
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:54:57 -0500

I setup freetds 5.1, with php4 and linux 7.1 (connecting to mssql 7) on a
test machine where I was able to get long varchars (over 255 bytes) to be
read properly by configuring interfaces to use tds7.0, but there was a
long query (using embedded selects)that would give me incorrect values
unless I ran it under tds4.2.

So, I installed 5.3 on another machine and now I'm able to get the right
result on the query but I can't get long varchars to work under 4.2 or
7.0.

I know I can change the varchar to text, but I'd like to know if there's
another solution or if I've done something wrong.

Thanks,

Chris Waidele

  • long varchars, Chris Waidele, 01/05/2002