freetds - FreeTDS 0.53 Release Candidate

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FreeTDS 0.53 Release Candidate
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:44:28 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying something a little different this time around, and hopefully
we will have a nice solid release. I've put a release candidate 1 on
ibiblio

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.53rc1.tgz

CVS has been tagged for the 0.53 release and all known major bugs from
0.52 and the pre releases have been fixed (that is not to say that there are
not
bugs...of course). If no show stoppers appear with this, it will be
renamed as 0.53 with no other changes. Anything else will have to go
into 0.54.

Oh and one other side note, the interfaces file will no longer install by
default, so one could build with --with-prefix=/usr/local and not have to
set the SYBASE and LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables. This is how the RPMs will
be built from now on.

The release can also be checked out of CVS with the '-r R0_53' argument.

Cheers,

Brian

  • FreeTDS 0.53 Release Candidate, Brian Bruns, 12/13/2001