freetds - DBD::Sybase: Shared object "libct.so.0" not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: listaccount AT earthlink.net
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: DBD::Sybase: Shared object "libct.so.0" not found
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:36:06 -0500

To All,

I know I'm missing something very easy, so here is my problem:

My perl script runs fine when I run it from the command line, however when
I run it from a cron job I get the following error:

"install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
for module DBD::Sybase: Shared object
"libct.so.0" not found at /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/DynaLoader.pm line
169, <CONFIG_FILE> chunk 55."

LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SYBASE, and DSQUERY are all set before loading the DBI
and attempting to connect to the DB. If I call a shell script from cron
that loads the .profile and then runs the perl script everything works
fine. I had the perl script printing the current environment and it is
the same whether I run it from the command line, directly from cron, or
through the shell script from cron.

I know I'm missing something obvious. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott