freetds - Re: db-lib bcp interface

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: db-lib bcp interface
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:03:05 -0500

thanks Brian,

I'll start working on it then.

>From the sounds of it, I kind of have to make my mind up when building
FreeTDS what I want to use it for - I can't build one version that will
talk to Sybase 11 and SQL server 2000 for instance. Is that right ?

Also, if I put some code into bcp.c to do some byte swapping for SQL
server, how would you make it conditional ?

I kind of want to say...

if ( im_talking_to_sql_server ) {
}

whats the best way of saying this ?

Also, My download of Freetds 5.2 didn't include a doc directory or the
file bcp.txt . could you mail me a copy (thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com ) ?

thanks,

Bill