freetds - Re: iconv support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: iconv support
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:36:52 -0500 (EST)

James,

I just make sure my tree is current and do a 'make dist'. On a real
release (not a pre release) I tag CVS first and then do the make dist.
Then I generally untar is somewhere else and build it to make sure I
haven't left out any files from the EXTRA_DIST lines, and usually I run
the unittests just to be safe.

For documentation I run db2html on the userguide, tar it up and push that,
the faq, and the tds protocol files up to the web site.

I'd much rather let someone else do all these crap jobs...er very
exciting and prestigious open source maintainer functions...and just code,
but it comes with the territory I guess. ;-) I'm not terribly good at it
I'm afraid.

Brian