freetds - Re: Port 4000 used for connection attempt - no matter what the actual setting is

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "Robert Tuttle" <kingtut AT tuttleweb.com>
  • Subject: Re: Port 4000 used for connection attempt - no matter what the actual setting is
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:08:50 -0800

> No matter where I set the communication information (server, port) it
> still comes up trying to connect ot port 4000.

I can speak for the unixODBC side of things. I have attached two templates
which I used to create the ODBC config I needed. You can edit these and then
apply them using the unixODBC odbcinst command line tool or just compare them
to what you have.

--
Peter Harvey
CodeByDesign - http://www.codebydesign.com

[TDS]
Description = v0.52 with protocol v4.2
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so