freetds - text varbinary and image fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Franck Martin <franck AT sopac.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: text varbinary and image fields
  • Date: 30 Oct 2001 19:16:57 +0000

Does anybody succeed to read natively, text varbinary, and image fields with php 4 and freetds?

I usually use a hack to slice the binary in chunks that I put in a varchar field before sending it back to the caller. However it works only if the data is encapsulated inside an ole container object. If I store it directly in sql 7.0, then it seems there is some character convertion done somewhere.
Cheers
Franck AT sopac.org

  • text varbinary and image fields, Franck Martin, 10/30/2001