freetds - Re: error when trying to connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Moore <peter AT loved.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: error when trying to connect
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:23:17 +1000

Lance,
what is the query? when testing anything to do with Sybase or MS SQL
Server on a new site or new installation i always try and execute the sp_who
stored procedure from the client i am using. this procedure is by default
allowed to be executed by all users who are members of the public group, and
of course by the sa user. sometimes queries won't work due to permissioning
on the backend so i really recommend that you use "exec sp_who" as your test
query. using this as a test will eliminate permission errors. also, examine
your Sybase log or in your case check the W2K event viewer logs for SQL
Server errors.

cheers
peter
Peter Moore

peter AT loved.com
http://beos.loved.com/
ICQ 926967 (old) 95022055 (new - Oct 18, 2000)