freetds - error when trying to connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lance Perry" <hobbyman AT webaddressbook.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS, Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: error when trying to connect
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:28:54 -0000

Our setup:
RedHat Linux
FreeTDS .52
MS SQL Server 7 and 2000
PHP 4.06 (the problem)

We have installed FreeTds and it works. I downloaded SQSH and
it was able to connect and query correctly.

When try to run my test PHP script to connect and do a simple
query I get this error:

Sybase: A link to the server could not be established

The FreeTds lib directory was added to the ld.so.conf file and
ldconfig ran.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable was set as well as the SYBASE
env variable. Apache stop and restarted.

We moved the freetds.conf file out of the /opt/Freetds/etc directory
and still got the same error. So it is like PHP is not correctly
finding the FreeTds stuff. I can look at phpinfo() and it says
sybase is enabled and shows my ./configure line that I typed in.

What else could be the problem?

Lance

Have you seen http://www.norada.com/tour ?