freetds - RE: is ODBC ready ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Johan Boer" <J.Boer AT babyxl.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: is ODBC ready ?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:13:07 +0200

I have also tried to use FreeTDS in combination with perl DBD-ODBC but
that dit not work. With version 0.52 none of the queries gave any
result. Though a FreeTDS log file showed that the correct number of rows
are received. With FreeTDS 0.53pre1 all I got was a segmentation fault.
Fortunately if you want to use perl you don't need ODBC, just use
DBD-Sybase in combination with FreeTDS.

Configuring:
Configure a DSN in odbc.ini (part of the driver manager), for example
like "nim" below.

[nim]
Driver = /opt/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so.0.0.0
Description = NIM Database
Servername = sql1
ServerType = odbc
Database = NIM
UserName = xxxxxxxx
Password = xxxxxxxx

It seems that FreeTDS uses "Servername" instead of the "Host" entry
present in the example odbc.ini of the iodbc driver manager that I use.
Next add an entry to freetds.conf for the server, see below.

[sql1]
host = 192.168.1.1
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0