freetds - Re: is ODBC ready ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: is ODBC ready ?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:15:24 -0700

> Is the freeTDS driver ready to connect to a ms sql 7 server via ODBC ?
> If so, how should I configure this ? The docs are not always clear on
> this.

0. install unixODBC (www.unixodbc.org)
1. download the source
- I tried the latest stable and the prerelease; each have a
different set of problems
- I would try the prerelease and update it as new changes arrive
2. unzip (tar zxvf FileName)
3. cd free*
4. ./configure --help
5. ./configure YourOptionsHere
6. make
7. make install
8. edit interfaces file

See the documentation for details. have found that the unixODBC
commandline tools seem to work ok and some GUI apps coded directly to
the ODBC CLI are sorta working. The most basic functionality is the most
likely to work.

--
Peter Harvey
CodeByDesign - http://www.codebydesign.com