freetds - Re: Sql 7 date

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sql 7 date
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:50:26 -0700

"Mark Lontsman" <mark.lontsman AT longbow.com> wrote:

> Hell everyone,

In a bad mood, are we? ;)

> Can someone give me pointers on how to deal with Sql Server 7 dates
> in jdbc implementation of freetds?

I have to confess that I don't understand your question.
Is your field a datetime/smalldatetime? Or is it a char
field that is being used to store date and time information?

If it's a datetime, you should just be able to call
ResultSet.getTimestamp to get its value. If that value
is null, then the field is null.

If it's a char field, then you might be able to use the
java.util.DateFormat class to parse the date and determine
its validity. (Naturally, you'd need ResultSet.getString
to get the value.)

If neither of these describes what you are trying to do,
you'll have to be more explicit.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org