freetds - Sql 7 date

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark Lontsman" <mark.lontsman AT longbow.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sql 7 date
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:46:51 -0400

Hell everyone,

Can someone give me pointers on how to deal with Sql Server 7 dates in jdbc implementation of freetds?

I have a datetime field in my sql db, but it stores the dates in the format of '2001-03-03 00:00:00.0'
What I need to do is at least find out whether or not the value is a valid date or not.
I have tried called ResultSetMetaData.getColumnTypeName, but throws exception saying it can't determine the column type.
Due to the specifics of my app, I don't know ahead of time what field I am dealing with.
I have also tried to use native java Date related classes, but none of them seem to recognize the date above as a valid date.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some pointers on what I should do here. Thanks.

Mark