freetds - Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (Fre eTDS_JDBC and jtds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Anton van Straaten" <anton AT appsolutions.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why can't this stored procedure be called? (Fre eTDS_JDBC and jtds)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:52:11 -0400

Andreas,

Changing the code as you suggested caused the error message to change. The
packet type reported has changed from 0x7c to 0xa0. Here's the message:

There was 1 error:
1) testProc1(freetds.AsTest)
java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusionFound a
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.PacketColumnNamesResult (packet type 0xa0)
at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.PreparedStatement_base.executeCall(PreparedStatemen
t_base.java:275)
at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.PreparedStatement_base.execute(PreparedStatement_ba
se.java:184)
at
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.PreparedStatement_base.executeQuery(PreparedStateme
nt_base.java:351)
at freetds.AsTest.testProc1(AsTest.java:61)
at freetds.AsTest.main(AsTest.java:43)

Please don't spend a lot of time on this if it's not simple to fix. This
isn't a high priority problem - for the short term, I'm simply going to have
my client purchase some commercial driver licenses. They also plan to
upgrade their database soon, so if this is just a problem with 6.5, that
should take care of it.

OTOH, if it's something you actively want to fix, I'm happy to try anything
you suggest and report back.

Thanks for your help,

Anton