freetds - Re: Simple freetds_jdbc CVS question, I hope!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Simple freetds_jdbc CVS question, I hope!
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:38:22 -0700

> I've just successfully checked out freetds_jdbc since I'm curious
> about how easy/hard it would be to add PreparedStatement support.

What is it about PreparedStatement that you want to add?

> However, everything checked out to a single directory rather than
> com\internetcds\jdbc\tds, com\internetcds\util etc.
> Could anyone shed light on this?

You have not made a mistake. That is how the code is formatted.
When you use the -d option to javac (or jikes), it will put the
.class file into the "right" place. A Makefile is currently being
used to build the project. Several people have supplied build.xml
(for Ant), but none has made its way into the FreeTDS source.

For that matter, development on the Java version of FreeTDS is
effectively dead. Some of us have forked the code off as "jTDS",
which is available at SourceForge. There hasn't been much
movement yet, but I've almost gotten my changes integrated into
this version. And it's already got a JBuilder project file.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org