freetds - Re: [PHP-DEV] Patch: conflicting defines in PHP extensions should be made private

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: Andi Gutmans <andi AT zend.com>
  • Cc: <php-dev AT lists.php.net>, TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Patch: conflicting defines in PHP extensions should be made private
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:05:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Andi,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> I commited your patch. Please check out the latest CVS and test that it's
> OK. I can't check it.

The Sybase extension compiles great for me. No sign of wayward symbols
anywhere in the binaries. I don't personally have a copy of the IBM DB2
libraries, so I can't actually test that compiling both extensions statically
does indeed work, but I don't see where there could possibly be a problem.
Hopefully someone on the FreeTDS list who has a need for this will be able to
step up and confirm for sure whether or not it works.

Thanks,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer