freetds - Connecting RedHat 7.1 to MS SQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: rwilbert AT e-xpedient.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Connecting RedHat 7.1 to MS SQL 7
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:00:07 -0400

Am I right?

do I need to have the CT-Lib installed before I compile freetds ?
otherwise how does DBD::Sybase use freetds ?

Here is what is happing to me:

freetds compiles fine
the ct-libs (which DBD::Sybase needs ) compile fine
DBD::Sybase core dumps when SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds
DBD::Sybase fails make test when SYBASE=/opt/sybase-11*

I notice that nothing from sybase is pointing to freetds. How does it know
to use freetds?

If I compile DBD::Sybase with env SYBASE=/opt/sybase-11* then change the
SYBASE to /usr/local/freetds the test perl script core dumps.

I am a total lost as to what to do ?
does anyone have any suggestions