freetds - Re: CORE DUMP - Linux - TDSVER=7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CORE DUMP - Linux - TDSVER=7.0
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:08:59 -0400

and a graceful termination of the program. So, this patch doesn't cause
the login and query to work, but at least there's no seg fault. I'm out
of time for now. Does anyone have any ideas why the above error?

I was getting serious crashes at login the last time I synched my code with cvs. I added the following to the end of tds_config_login in config.c:

if (login->host_name) {
config->ip_addr = calloc(sizeof(char)*16,1);
lookup_host(login->host_name, NULL, config->ip_addr, NULL);
}

If you're using config files or environment variables, the cvs code works fine. Otherwise, you need the host to be resolved and copied from the TDSLOGIN struct to the config struct.

"The best assumption to have
Mark J. Lilback is that any commonly held
<mark AT lilback.com> belief is wrong." -- Ken Olsen,
http://www.lilback.com/ founder, Digital Equip. Corp.