freetds - Re: Proposal: Java forked version at SourceForge

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefanos Karasavvidis <stefos AT multimedia-sa.gr>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Proposal: Java forked version at SourceForge
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:54:47 +0300

There was a comment from Brian Bruns
-----

Hi all,

Although my domain is the C libraries, I thought I'd weigh in here.

I understand that Craig is hesitant to include patches he doesn't have
the proper time to test, and his time is limited. But, also that there
are some important patches out there in the queue and development has been
at a stand still for quite some time.

If you guys (Java folk), do set up a CVS at sourceforge, make sure it is
called something different, so that it is clear that while it may be based
on Craigs work, it is not Craigs work.

-----

I don't know if there are people who do NOT want to put a cvs at sourceforge, but I'm sure that there are several ones who would appreciate it as there are many patches which never got into the current source code.

....the most important comment on this would be that of Craig

Stefanos Karasavvidis

Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA) wrote:

I asked this a couple of days ago and no-one even noticed, so weather permitting I will do it tomorrow.

I am sitting on a version that supports cursors (scrollable and updatable recordsets) and is built using apache's Ant, rather thatn the ad-hoc method in the urrent snapshots. It
is quite extensively refactored from the current version.
What is the opinion of the maintainers and other members of the list on making this available at SourceForge?

Would it be stepping on any toes to do so?

Comments?

chris stevenson

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [stefos AT multimedia-sa.gr]