freetds - Re: SQLServer and executeQuery

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: PMoore AT axa.com.au
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SQLServer and executeQuery
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:30:50 +1000

you also compare against a "known" query.
for example if you execute the system stored procedure sp_who using your
JDBC and FreeTDS how quickly does it respond?

i'd compare it against another another computer on the same network as the
Linux box, say a Windows machine using ODBC running the same query because
it could be network related.
comparing the query against running it on the actual server and running
remotely is not really a fair comparison.

who can also check the query engine by checking the query plan.
To do this you excute the following in your query:

set showplan on

be sure to set it off when you have finished. If you want to see the query
plan but not actually execute the query you can:

set showplan, noexec on

and this will just show the query plan. It's very good to use and will show
you if it is doing a table scan or using the index(es)
regads
peter

Peter Moore
Contractor,
ITeG, Axa Australia

Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>@franklin.oit.unc.edu on 08/08/2001
08:23:06 AM

Please respond to "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>

Sent by: bounce-freetds-132908 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu