freetds - Re: SQLServer and executeQuery

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brent L Johnson" <brent AT bjohnson.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SQLServer and executeQuery
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:26:08 -0400

Thanks for the great responses. I apologize that this isn't really directly
FreeTDS related. I'll send any more replies directly to the people who
responded (again thanks). I did try running the same queries throught the
SQL Query Analyzer to test the speed of the results and it still runs way
faster than the 2 minutes it takes JDBC. They are also using some homegrown
VB tool that uses ODBC to access the same database and it's pretty fast at
returning results.

I didn't design the database - so maybe it's time I start pointing the
finger at the guy who did :)

Thanks!

- Brent