freetds - Re: Sybase SQL Anywhere

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dossy <dossy AT panoptic.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Mailing List <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase SQL Anywhere
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:19:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm the one responsible for the nsfreetds driver, so I figured
I should at least pop in on the mailing list and pick up this
thread. Can't just leave poor Ian out there to dry all by
himself. :-)

> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:35:21 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>

[...]
> ohmagosh, it uses the tds layer directly...neat.

I supposed I'm supposed to try and make ctlib or dblib work,
instead ... but given the still-in-development nature of
FreeTDS, I felt safer using the TDS layer directly.

> It looks like it does the right thing...configures
> Ns_FreeTDS_Err_Handler as the callback handler.

Yup. I register both an error handler and a message
handler.

> Either one of two things is happening. The message is getting delivered
> to nsfreetds and is being ignored (which I can't see how) or msg_number is
> 0 (otherwise the error would show up in the tds log).

Or, the error IS being logged into the AOLserver log/server.log, and
Ian isn't looking there.

Also, any ns_db call that fails should throw an exception that
will throw an error into log/server.log _or_ can be caught by
the application by wrapping the ns_db with a

if [catch {ns_db ...} msg] { ... }

block.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy AT panoptic.com