freetds - FreeTDS 0.52 MSSQL connection problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ryan D. Hatch" <Ryan AT alpinenetworking.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FreeTDS 0.52 MSSQL connection problem
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:19:15 -0600

I am running RH 7.1 with Apache 1.3.20, PHP 4.0.6, and FreeTDS 0.52 and
I have compiled with the following configure command;

./configure --prefix=/opt/freetds-.052 --with-tdsver=4.2

I have an interfaces file that looks like this,

#
JDBC
query tcp tds5.0 192.138.151.39 4444
master tcp tds5.0 192.138.151.39 4444
myserver
query tcp ether 127.0.0.1 4000
master tcp ether 127.0.0.1 4000

baer-test
query tcp tds4.2 10.0.0.24 1433
baer
query tcp tds4.2 10.0.0.24 1433
anyway, here is the problem i am having. when I try to connect to baer
with tds (using php with mssql_pconnect("baer", "sa", "password")), i am
unable to do so. However, when I try from a Windows box (connecting to
that database with the same info), it works just fine. Also, when I try
with my old version of tds .51 on another box, it too also works....

but it gets better.

It appears that it is caching some tds connection information. When
specify "baer-test", it does work. When I change the interfaces file to
reflect a different IP for baer-test, it continues to send login
information, data, etc. to the old IP of baer-test. Even when I restart
apache i am having this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan