freetds - RE: Vote

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Vote
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:55:59 +0800

David Varley : Alpha Tru64 : unixODBC and iODBCODBC C/C++ : MSSQL 7
David Varley : RH7 Linux : unixODBC and iODBCODBC C/C++ : MSSQL 7

The project here is to try to support a common code base across NT/2000,
Tru64/OSF, and Linux, at least as far as servers are concerned.
Spent a while trying to support PostgreSQL on the Unix boxes, but got too
hard due to different case requirements. (PostgresSQL folds to Lowercase,
the standard says Upper, MSSQL defaults to ignore, and DTS fails due
to this) The freeTDS and unixODBC/iODBC bits are working fine so far,
although I've yet to get a DSNless connection working.

Alcoa World Alumina Australia is a trading name of Alcoa of Australia
Limited, ACN 004 879 298

  • Vote, Joe, 07/11/2001