freetds - JDBC setCharacterStream()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kevin Fries" <kelfink AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: JDBC setCharacterStream()
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:38:38 -0400

Has anybody tried implementing the setCharacterStream method for the JDBC
driver? I was able to get a quick version going which buffers the input
Reader, and puts it into a String; then I call setString(). This works
OK, but only for text that's under about 2k. Strings > 2015 seem to fail,
do to the packet size. As soon as the physical packet size barrier is
passed, it seems to fail. "I'm getting Unknown packet type 0x0."

Has anyone else found this problem, or a solution to it?

System details: Windows 2000, SQLServer 2000, JDBC from the latest
(march) snapshot, running servlets through JRun 3.1. Java 1.3.1. Oh, and
my client is my server.

Thanks

Kevin Fries
kelfink AT yahoo.com

  • JDBC setCharacterStream(), Kevin Fries, 07/06/2001